Victorian Collections: Introduction to Digitisation [Past Event]
Mon 26 Sep, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
*Please see the note section for information regarding multiple booking discount procedure.*
This online workshop provides an introduction to the principles of catalogue photography/digitisation and digital file management. Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Digitisation project workflows
- Equipment and resources
- Files and formats
- Basic photography
- Basic photo editing
- Uploading and digital file management
- Copyright and moral obligations
Victorian Collections workshops offer a relaxed and open environment and cater for participants with any degree of museum and computer literacy, as well as ongoing support for small to medium-sized collecting organisations.
If you have any particular questions about this workshop, please feel free to get in touch via our Helpdesk.
- You are not required to be a contributing member of Victorian Collections to participate.
- Details on how to join the webinar will be provided to you the week prior to the workshop.
- Multiple booking discount: a discounted rate is offered to attendees booking all three Victorian Collections workshops (Introduction to Digitisation, Managing Your Collection and Making Your Collection Accessible). For Students, AMaGA members, or non-members from volunteer organisations, a discounted rate of $40 for three workshops is offered. For non-members from organisations with paid staff, a discounted rate of $70 for three workshops is offered. Please select "Multiple booking discount" from the payment option for each workshop and secure your booking. Following this, contact the Victorian Collections team by submitting a ticket to our Helpdesk and we will issue an invoice for payment.
This event has finished