Victorian Collections: Making Your Collection Accessible [Booked out] [Past Event]
Wed 22 Mar, 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Please note: this workshop is now fully booked.
This workshop provides an introduction to the principles of collections access and discoverability. Our aim is to help make your digitised collections more discoverable, searchable and useable by members of the public.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- What/why/how of access and discoverability
- Subject tagging
- Alt-text and transcripts
- Access restrictions (legal and cultural considerations)
- Improving records with 'web health checks' using VC
- Curating a story (i.e. digital exhibition) with VC
Victorian Collections workshops offer a relaxed and open environment and cater for participants with any degree of museum and computer literacy, as well as ongoing support for small to medium-sized collecting organisations. If you have any particular questions about this workshop, please feel free to get in touch via our Helpdesk.
- You are not required to be a contributing member of Victorian Collections to participate.
- Details on how to join the webinar will be provided to you the week prior to the workshop.
This event has finished