The Regional Digitisation Project is a digitisation initiative delivered by AMaGA Victoria and made possible by the support of Creative Victoria. The Project is designed to provide regional organisations with facilitated on-site training and digitisation assistance.
Participants for 2019-2020:
- Great Stupa Library
- Port Fairy Museum and Archives
- Sir Reginald Ansett Transport Museum
- Arapiles Historical Society
- Friends of the Ballarat Botanic Gardens History Group
- Trantham & District Historical Society
- Stanley Athenaeum and Public Room
- Port of Echuca Discovery Centre
- Rochester Sports Museum
- Cobram Historical Society
- Beechworth Cemetery
- Chiltern Courthouse
- East Gippsland Historical Society Inc.
- Phillip Island & District Historical Society
- Mallacoota & District Historical Society
- Morwell Historical Society
- Lakes Entrance Historical Society
Our regionally-based Digitisation Officers will also be offering regular digitisation and collection management workshops for non-enrolled organisations. Please contact the Victorian Collections team on firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a training opportunity.
Expressions of interest for the next round of the Regional Digitisation Project will open in late 2020. Please note, to participate in the Regional Digitisation Project you must:
- be a small- to medium-sized collecting organisation*
- be in a regional area of Victoria (i.e. 1+ hours from Melbourne)
- have 4+ volunteers or staff willing to participate in training
*Please note that State-funded galleries are not eligible to apply.
The Regional Digitisation Project is proudly supported by: