The Regional Digitisation Project is a digitisation initiative delivered by AMaGA Victoria and made possible by the support of Creative Victoria. The Project is designed to provide regional organisations with facilitated on-site training and digitisation assistance.
Expressions of Interest now open for 2022!
Expressions of interest for the 2022 round of the Regional Digitisation Project are now open.
To participate in the Regional Digitisation Project, you must:
- be a small to medium-sized collecting organisation*
- be in a regional area of Victoria (i.e. 1+ hours from Melbourne)
- have 4+ volunteers or staff willing to participate in training
- complete the intensive training during the period of February 2022 to December 2022
- attend an online introductory Information Session via zoom on Monday 21 February 2022 for all those selected to participate
*Please note that State-funded galleries and ex-service organisations are not eligible to apply.
Your organisation must have an accessible onsite collection and reasonable space to set up a temporary photography studio. Internet access would be valuable but not essential.
How to apply:
To apply for the Regional Digitisation Project (running February 2022 to December 2022), complete this questionnaire. To expedite your enrolment, please specify any periods of time where your team may not be available between February 2022 to December 2022.
If you’re unsure of your eligibility or have trouble with the application process, please submit a ticket via the Victorian Collections Helpdesk and a member of the team will assist you.
Applications are due by 5pm, Tuesday 4th January 2022.
Participants for 2021:
- Friends of the Ballarat Botanic Gardens History Group
- Trentham & District Historical Society
- Australian National Surfing Museum
- Bendigo Harness Racing Collection
- Clunes Museum
- Merbein District Historical Society
- Stanley Athenaeum and Public Room
- Port of Echuca Discovery Centre
- Rochester Sports Museum
- Beechworth Cemetery
- Chiltern Courthouse
- Kiewa Valley Historical Society
- East Gippsland Historical Society Inc.
- Mallacoota & District Historical Society
- Morwell Historical Society
- Lakes Entrance Historical Society
- Gippsland and East Gippsland Aboriginal Cooperative
Our regionally-based Digitisation Officers will also be offering regular digitisation and collection management workshops for non-enrolled organisations. Please contact the Victorian Collections team on firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a training opportunity.
The Regional Digitisation Project is proudly supported by: