The Regional Digitisation Project is a digitisation initiative delivered by AMaGA Victoria and made possible by the support of Creative Victoria. The Project is designed to provide regional organisations with facilitated on-site training and digitisation assistance.
Participants for 2021:
- Friends of the Ballarat Botanic Gardens History Group
- Trentham & District Historical Society
- Australian National Surfing Museum
- Bendigo Harness Racing Collection
- Clunes Museum
- Merbein District Historical Society
- Stanley Athenaeum and Public Room
- Port of Echuca Discovery Centre
- Rochester Sports Museum
- Beechworth Cemetery
- Chiltern Courthouse
- Kiewa Valley Historical Society
- Trafalgar Holden Museum
- East Gippsland Historical Society Inc.
- Mallacoota & District Historical Society
- Morwell Historical Society
- Lakes Entrance Historical Society
- Gippsland and East Gippsland Aboriginal Cooperative
Our regionally-based Digitisation Officers will also be offering regular digitisation and collection management workshops for non-enrolled organisations. Please contact the Victorian Collections team on firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a training opportunity.
Expressions of interest for 2021 round of the Regional Digitisation Project are now closed. Expressions of interest for the 2022 round will open in December of this year.
To participate in the Regional Digitisation Project you must:
- be a small to medium-sized collecting organisation*
- be in a regional area of Victoria (i.e. 1+ hours from Melbourne)
- have 4+ volunteers or staff willing to participate in training
- complete the intensive training during the period adverised
*Please note that State-funded galleries and ex-service organisations are not eligible to apply.
Your organisation must have an accessible onsite collection and reasonable space to set up a temporary photography studio.
If you’re unsure of your eligibility or have trouble with the application process, please submit a ticket from the Victorian Collections Helpdesk and a member of the team will assist you.
The Regional Digitisation Project is proudly supported by: