The Regional Digitisation Project is a digitisation initiative delivered by AMaGA Victoria and made possible by the support of Creative Victoria. The Project is designed to provide regional organisations with facilitated on-site training and digitisation assistance.
To participate in the Regional Digitisation Project, you must:
- be a small to medium-sized collecting organisation*
- be in a regional area of Victoria (i.e. 1+ hours from Melbourne)
- have 4+ volunteers or staff willing to participate in training
- complete the intensive training during the period of February 2022 to December 2022, or February 2023 to June 2023.
- be available to attend an online introductory Information Session for participating groups, via Zoom
*Please note that State-funded galleries and ex-service organisations are not eligible to apply.
Your organisation must have an accessible onsite collection and reasonable space to set up a temporary photography studio. Internet access would be valuable but not essential.
If you have questions about the project, please submit a ticket via the Victorian Collections Helpdesk and a member of the team will assist you.
Participants for 2022 and January-June 2023:
- Merbein District Historical Society (Mildura)*
- Trentham and District Historical Society*
- Queenscliff Maritime Museum Inc.
- Bendigo Historical Society
- Nhill Aviation Heritage Centre
- Ballan Shire Historical Society Inc.
- Buda Historic Home and Garden
- Lorne Historical Society**
- Warrnambool & District Historical Society**
- Inverleigh Historical Society**
- Chiltern Courthouse*
- Charlton Golden Grains Museum
- Beechworth Health Service
- Euroa Historical and Genealogical Society Inc.
- Broadford & District Historical Society Inc.
- Golden Dragon Museum**
- Falls Creek Historical Society**
- Gippsland & East Gippsland Aboriginal Cooperative*
- Port Albert Maritime Museum Inc
- National Vietnam Veterans Museum
- Healesville Sanctuary Heritage Centre
- Marysville & District Historical Society
Our regionally-based Digitisation Officers will also be offering regular digitisation and collection management workshops for non-enrolled organisations. Please contact the Victorian Collections team on firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a training opportunity.
The Regional Digitisation Project is proudly supported by:
*carried forward from the 2021 round
**2023 participating organisation