What does this mean for you?
We are currently in an uncharted territory with a constant stream of information and changes to the COVID-19 situation. On this page will be sharing with you some of the resources as they become available to support you during these challenging times.
AMaGA Victoria have developed a 'Reopening Museums and Galleries During COVID-19' guidelines, a resource to help support small to medium collecting organisations during these times.
- Department of Health and Human Services website - https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
- Find out about your workplace entitlements and obligations on the Fair Work website if you're affected by the coronavirus disease.
- The Australian Government is offering support to Australian businesses affected by COVID-19, regardless of whether you are a sole trader or employ staff, find out what support is available to you via https://www.business.gov.au/coronavirus
- JobKeeper payment https://www.ato.gov.au/general/gen/JobKeeper-payment/
- Businesses can get information on dealing with COVID-19, and available support, via the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15 or at business.vic.gov.au.
- If you haven’t already you should review your business continuity plans in light of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. There is now a national emergency response policy document that takes precedence over any existing plans so you should review your plans against this: Australian Health Sector Emergency Response Plan For Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Advocacy and Sector Responses
- Australian Council for the Arts
- Creative Victoria
- National Association of Visual Arts
- Australian Library and Information Association
- The Indigenous Art Code
Collection and Management Resources
- Blue Shield Australia and AICCM released a Closed by COVID-19 Guide which has been produced to provide guidance for people who are responsible for closing collections.
- Epidemic/Pandemic Policy Template from The Institute of Community Directors Australia
Museums and Galleries Associations and Peak Bodies
Mental Health and Well-being
- Lifeline Australia on 13 11 14 or text the helpline on 0477 13 11 14.
- Beyond Blue a comprehensive list of national help lines and websites and a dedicated Coronavirus page.