What does this mean for you?
We are currently in an uncharted territory with a constant stream of information and changes to the COVID-19 situation. On this page will be sharing with you some of the resources as they become available to support you during these challenging times.
AMaGA Victoria have developed 'Reopening Museums and Galleries During COVID-19' guidelines, a resource to help support small to medium collecting organisations during these times.
Please also refer to the new State Government of Victoria Victorian Industry Restart Guidelines for Museums and Galleries (Indoor).
Regional Museums Services Project
AMaGA Victoria also has a short-term support program available for eligible regional Victorian museums and collecting organisations to assist with re-opening and the impacts of COVID-19. Please visit the Regional Recovery and Support page for more information.
- Latest Table of Restrictions 27 July 2021
- Business and work - Business grants and support, guidance on keeping your workplace safe and information on restrictions for industry sectors. Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria
- State Government of Victorian Government QR Registration Service
- State Government of Victoria - Multicultural Campaign - Stakeholder Pack / COVID-19 Support Information for the Workplace
- State Government of Victoria - COVIDSafe Settings
- Find out about your workplace entitlements and obligations on the Fair Work website if you're affected by the coronavirus disease.
- The Australian Government is offering support to Australian businesses affected by COVID-19, regardless of whether you are a sole trader or employ staff, find out what support is available to you via https://www.business.gov.au/coronavirus
- Businesses can get information on dealing with COVID-19, and available support, via the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15, business.vic.gov.au and Coronavirus (Covid-19) business support.
- If you haven’t already you should review your business continuity plans in light of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. There is now a national emergency response policy document that takes precedence over any existing plans so you should review your plans against this: Australian Health Sector Emergency Response Plan For Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Volunteering during Coronavirus (Covid-19) - Factsheet for Victorian Volunteers https://www.volunteer.vic.gov.au/covid19
- Volunteering Victoria https://www.volunteeringvictoria.org.au
Advocacy and Sector Responses
- Australian Council for the Arts
- Creative Victoria
- Creative Industries Q&As, Creative Victoria
- National Association of Visual Arts
- Australian Library and Information Association
- The Indigenous Art Code
Collection and Management Resources
- Blue Shield Australia and AICCM released a Closed by COVID-19 Guide which has been produced to provide guidance for people who are responsible for closing collections.
- Epidemic/Pandemic Policy Template from The Institute of Community Directors Australia
Museums and Galleries Associations and Peak Bodies
Mental Health and Well-being
- Lifeline Australia on 13 11 14 or text the helpline on 0477 13 11 14.
- Beyond Blue a comprehensive list of national help lines and websites and a dedicated Coronavirus page.
- Support Act Well Being Helpline on 1800 959 500.
- “How to practice responsible tourism during COVID-19”