Working for Victoria
Australian Museums & Galleries Association Victoria (AMaGA Victoria) is excited to announce we have received funding from the Victorian Government as part of the $500 million Working for Victoria initiative.
Working in partnership with Creative Victoria, we received funding to go towards employment opportunities across regional Victoria, and metro Melbourne. This equates to 20 jobs that have provided much-needed employment opportunities for our museum and gallery sector by focusing on providing important services in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Two remaining Indigenous identified roles are being offered at Hamilton Gallery. These roles will involve collection digitisation and management, with a focus on the documentation of Aboriginal cultural material.
Both positions will be for 3 months and to apply you must have Australian Working Rights. The three-month roles will be advertised via the Working for Victoria employment platform and offer hands-on experience to people in regional communities who have lost their jobs and are keen to pursue careers in the creative and cultural sector.
What positions do we have on offer?
- Two full-time fixed term three-month positions, located at Hamilton Gallery, Hamilton (1FTE equivalent)
Note: Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply for these positions in accordance with the special measures provision, section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
If these roles are of interest to you, then you will need to sign up to the Working for Victoria recruitment platform. The platform will be used to match up job seekers with jobs relevant to their skills and experience.
Register for these positions at https://www.vic.gov.au/workingforvictoria
Please contact Dr Julie Fenley, Project Manager, Regional Gallery Digitisation Project for further information via email: email@example.com, or mobile: 0418 308 402
>> Please see Position Description
What is Working for Victoria?
The Victorian Government is investing $500 million in the Working for Victoria initiative is helping Victorian jobseekers find work and to help our community.
Applications are open to all Victorians who are unemployed or whose work hours have significantly reduced as a consequence of COVID-19 at the time of applying.
How do I apply for Working for Victoria Jobs?
- Visit https://www.vic.gov.au/workingforvictoria and register: tell us about your experience and the kind of work you’re looking for. You will receive an activation email when your registration is processed.
- Be sure to fill out this form with as many different preferences as possible.
- Use the platform to access work opportunities – you will be sent roles that match your preferences.
- Apply for the jobs that suit your experience and preferences. You cannot save your application, so we suggest you prepare by drafting your responses to the online questions, which are based on the key selection criteria in the position description.
If you are shortlisted you will be contacted by a member of our team for interview. You will also be asked to provide an up-to-date CV and contact details for three referees.