Cultural Competency Training
Wed 05 May, 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Supported by a Community Heritage Grant and delivered by the Koorie Heritage Trust this session is targeted at community, volunteer and small museums and galleries staff. The learning outcomes of the training are to:
- Develop awareness of Aboriginal culture and identity and the strengths of Aboriginal culture and people.
- Assist in making the connection to,and understanding the impact of colonisation and past policy for Aboriginal people today.
- Develop capacity to be more understanding and responsive to Aboriginal people.
- Motivate the participants in their cultural competence journey
- An introduction to developing personal strategies for working more effectively with Aboriginal people.
The session will also include a sector specific content, including creating welcoming spaces, increasing indigenous audiences, two way care-taking of cultural materials and introducing Indigenous voices into interpretation and storytelling.
Please note, should restrictions prevent this event being held on-site it will be delivered online via Zoom.
VenueCoal Creek Community Park and Museum
12 Silkstone Road
Korumburra VIC 3950
If you prefer not to book online, please contact us directly.
Download Annual Program 2021
Read the Event Booking Policy.
AMaGA Victoria also offers On Demand Training on a range of museum practices.