Victorian Collections: Managing Your Collection
Mon 08 Nov, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This online workshop provides an introduction to the principles of collections management and catalogue documentation. Participants will learn how to best physically manage their collection items as well as digitally document them using Victorian Collections: a free, web-based and easy-to-use collections management system.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Introduction to preservation and access
- Introduction to the VC system
- Introduction to collections management
- Copyright considerations
- Access considerations (legal and cultural requirements)
- Basic account administration
- Cataloguing practical session*
* We ask that participants bring along an object from their collection to catalogue; however, if you do not have access to your collection or are not associated with a collecting organisation, we will provide you with a document from which to work.
Victorian Collections workshops offer a relaxed and open environment and cater for participants with any degree of museum and computer literacy, as well as ongoing support for small to medium-sized collecting organisations. If you have any particular questions about this workshop, please feel free to get in touch via our Helpdesk.
- You are not required to be a contributing member of Victorian Collections to participate.
- Details on how to join the webinar will be provided to you the week prior to the workshop.
- Multiple booking discounts: If you wish to book multiple workshops, please select "Multiple booking discount" from the payment option for each workshop and secure your booking. Following this, contact the Victorian Collections team by submitting a ticket on our Helpdesk and we will issue an invoice for payment. You will receive a 10% discount for two workshops and a 15% discount for three workshops (the 'Victorian Collections: Advanced Cataloguing Workshop' is excluded from this offer).
If you prefer not to book online, please contact us directly.
Download Annual Program 2021
Read the Event Booking Policy.
AMaGA Victoria also offers On Demand Training on a range of museum practices.