Victorian Collections: Introduction to Digitisation
Mon 15 Aug, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
*Please see the note section for information regarding multiple booking discount procedure.*
This workshop provides an introduction to the principles of catalogue photography/digitisation and digital file management. Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Digitisation project workflows
- Equipment and resources
- Files and formats
- Basic photography
- Basic photo editing
- Uploading and digital file management
- Copyright and moral obligations
Victorian Collections workshops offer a relaxed and open environment and cater for participants with any degree of museum and computer literacy, as well as ongoing support for small to medium-sized collecting organisations.
If you have any particular questions about this workshop, please feel free to get in touch via our Helpdesk.
- You are not required to be a contributing member of Victorian Collections to participate.
- Multiple booking discount: a discounted rate is offered to attendees booking all three Victorian Collections workshops (Introduction to Digitisation, Managing Your Collection and Making Your Collection Accessible). For Students, AMaGA members, or non-members from volunteer organisations, a discounted rate of $40 for three workshops is offered. For non-members from organisations with paid staff, a discounted rate of $70 for three workshops is offered. Please select "Multiple booking discount" from the payment option for each workshop and secure your booking. Following this, contact the Victorian Collections team by submitting a ticket to our Helpdesk and we will issue an invoice for payment.
If you prefer not to book online, please contact us directly.
Download Annual Program 2022
Read the Event Booking Policy.
AMaGA Victoria also offers On Demand Training on a range of museum practices.