Victorian Collections: Making Your Collection Accessible [Past Event]
Mon 22 Aug, 10:00 am - 11:30 am
*Please see the note section for information regarding multiple booking discount procedure.*
This online workshop provides an introduction to the principles of collections access. Our aim is to help make your digitised collections more discoverable, searchable and useable by members of the public.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- What/why/how of access and discoverability
- Subject tagging
- Alt-text and transcripts
- Access restrictions (legal and cultural considerations)
- Improving records with 'web health checks' using VC
- Curating a story (i.e. digital exhibition) with VC
Victorian Collections workshops offer a relaxed and open environment and cater for participants with any degree of museum and computer literacy, as well as ongoing support for small to medium-sized collecting organisations. If you have any particular questions about this workshop, please feel free to get in touch via our Helpdesk.
- You are not required to be a contributing member of Victorian Collections to participate.
- Details on how to join the webinar will be provided to you the week prior to the workshop.
- Multiple booking discount: a discounted rate is offered to attendees booking all three Victorian Collections workshops (Introduction to Digitisation, Managing Your Collection and Making Your Collection Accessible). For Students, AMaGA members, or non-members from volunteer organisations, a discounted rate of $40 for three workshops is offered. For non-members from organisations with paid staff, a discounted rate of $70 for three workshops is offered. Please select "Multiple booking discount" from the payment option for each workshop and secure your booking. Following this, contact the Victorian Collections team by submitting a ticket to our Helpdesk and we will issue an invoice for payment.
If you prefer not to book online, please contact us directly.
Download Annual Program 2022
Read the Event Booking Policy.
AMaGA Victoria also offers On Demand Training on a range of museum practices.