To fill the gaps left by the recent cancellation of face-to-face training and events AMaGA Victoria is working in partnership with the National Office to provide a series of online webinars, workshops and tutorials. We are in the process of converting previously scheduled in person events to digital platforms, whilst introducing a series of more responsive events. All events will be added to this page as they are confirmed.
Whilst the AMaGA Vic team is working remotely, we are contactable via email. If you have any events / PD questions, concerns or requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions regarding Victorian Collections workshops please contact: email@example.com.
Returning to Work: Supporting Workplace Wellbeing
Wed 04 Nov, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
As Victorian museums and galleries plan to reopen after extended lockdowns there are natural concerns and anxieties about returning to work. Join AMaGA Victoria and a panel of professionals, for a webinar to discuss returning to the workplace and how management can best support and guide staff through this process. This session, targeted at museum and gallery professionals responsible for managing staff, aims to cover:
- How to support the mental health of employees prior to their return, whilst on site and in the long term
- The complexities and challenges for customer facing staff vs back of house staff
- Managing vulnerable staff and volunteers
- An introduction to Mental Health First Aid
The panellists for this session are
- Anne Mayberry, Program Manager, Human Resources, National Museum of Australia.
- Kathy Bond, PhD, Workplace Engagement Manager, Mental Health First Aid
- Louise Tegart, Director, Ballarat Art Gallery
Members: $20, Non-members: $40 Please register here.