Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) Program
The Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) program is a $3 million Australian Government program that aims to support community cultural, heritage and arts organisations in regional Australia as they recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
Applications open 5 November 2021.
The Australian Museums and Galleries Association (AMaGA) is administering the CHART program on behalf of the Australian Government.
The grants aim to help regional museums, galleries, and historical societies to continue to offer appealing cultural tourism experiences as they recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
CHART grants will provide funding up to $3,000 to enhance visitor experiences, promotions, and access to organisations and their services, with the goal of supporting the sustainability of regional cultural organisations and their local economies.
Activities funded must be delivered by 30 June 2022.
Funding will be administered in one round, with applications assessed in batches of 100, on a first-come first-served basis. AMaGA strongly encourages eligible applicants to submit at the earliest opportunity.
Potential projects to consider include:
Collections management and exhibitions
- Collection conservation by a professional conservator
- Procurement of new storage and archival equipment
- Purchase of exhibition display cabinets and equipment
- Website design or renewal
- Installation ramps and rails to improve accessibility
- Purchase of an air conditioner
- Other building modifications that will improve the sustainability of the organisation
- computers, cameras, printers, scanners
- Contracting for professional services such as collection management, designers, researchers, curators, conservators, and historians
Printing and Fabrication
- Design and print new labels for exhibitions
- Purchase banners, brochures, and signage
- Create a heritage trail pamphlet
- Plan an open-day or talk to re-engage the local community
- Funding for professional development for your staff and volunteers
COVID-19 Operating Expenses
- Make your spaces more Covid-safe for employees, volunteers, and visitors
To find the CHART Program Guidelines and to learn more about the grant program and whether your organisation is eligible for funding, visit https://www.amaga.org.au/chart
Or if you have any questions about eligibility or want to discuss your ideas, please contact Justin, the Victorian CHART Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
This grant program is being implemented by AMaGA on behalf of the Federal Government’s Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications through the Office for the Arts.