Sep 29, 2020
Call for Nominations: Inaugural Martin Hallett Award for Individual Contribution to Community Heritage
Martin Hallett (1945-2019) was a former deputy chief executive of Museums Victoria, curator emeritus, and lifelong champion of public museum collections, community engagement and empowerment. Martin played an integral role in the formation of Victorian Collections during his time at Creative Victoria, and throughout his career, he championed the economic, social and cultural benefits that community collecting organisations offer to regional and metropolitan communities.
In 2020, Victorian Collections and AMaGA Victoria are honouring Martin’s significant contributions with the inaugural Martin Hallett Award for Individual Contribution to Community Heritage. This award will recognise and celebrate those who, like Martin, have played a significant role in the preservation of history in their communities.
Victorian Collections is seeking nominations for an outstanding individual who has demonstrated a commitment to the preservation of community heritage through the use of Victorian Collections.
- The contributions made by the individual must be in relation to the use of Victorian Collections
- Achievements and activities referenced in nominations must have commenced or completed within 5 years of the nomination
- Contributions can be in relation to one or more organisations' use of Victorian Collections
- Self-nominations are welcome but must be accompanied by at least one letter of support from within the sector
Submitting a nomination
In your nomination please include:
- Completed nomination form
- A 250-500-word statement outlining this individual’s contribution, and details of any specific achievements and activities
- At least 3 high resolution (300dpi) digital images in landscape format, one at least being of the nominee (others can be of relevant projects/objects), with captions
- Where relevant, one or more letters of support
Nominations are to be submitted via email to email@example.com. Nominations close 5PM, Friday 30 October.
For any nomination advice, or support in submitting your application, contact the Victorian Collections team by submitting a ticket to our Helpdesk.