Nov 09, 2020
Safely Reopening Victoria - Museums and Galleries
We are pleased to advise that museums and galleries and other sites can now safely reopen in line with Third Steps Statewide Position from 11:59pm on 8 November.
Indoor entertainment venues:
- Open: Cinemas; music halls, concert halls and auditoriums; galleries and museums; and State Library of Victoria
- Open for a maximum of 20 people per space (e.g. each screening room, gallery space or auditorium)
- 1.5m distance between bookings, maximum bookings of 10 people.
- Performance times (including film screenings) staggered to minimum interval of 30 mins between sessions to avoid crowds in foyers and bathrooms.
There must be a COVIDSafe Plan in place for each venue and the venue management must ensure that the general workplace restrictions are adhered to.
- A COVID Safe Workplace Plan must be in place and be provided on request. A sample template can be found here - COVID-Safe-Plan-template.
- Please refer to our Guidelines for suggestions and considerations.
- Please refer to the new Victorian industry Restart Guidelines for Museums and Galleries (Indoor)