Collecting organisations of all kinds are invited to use the National Standards framework as a resource.
Are you looking for a comprehensive list of resources on museum practice? The National Standards for Australian Museums and Galleries contains links to many resources on best practice. Areas covered include:
- Managing the Museum
- Involving People
- Developing a Significant Collection
The National Standards for Australian Museums and Galleries has been produced collaboratively by the National Standards Taskforce, representing:
- ACT Museums and Galleries
- Arts Tasmania
- Collections Council of Australia Ltd
- History Trust of South Australia
- Museum and Gallery Services Queensland Ltd
- Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory
- Museums & Galleries of NSW
- Museums Australia (Victoria)
- Western Australian Museum
Version 1.5 of the National Standards for Australian Museums and Galleries has been released with updated resources and links. The release of this latest version continues the Taskforce's commitment to continually review the document so that it remains relevant to the needs of Australian museums and galleries.