The Veterans Heritage Project is supported by the Veterans Branch, Victorian Government, and delivered by AMaGA Victoria formerly Museums Australia (Victoria). The project sees Victorian Collections staff working closely with selected ex-service organisations to help protect, preserve and increase access to their military history. Their members and memorabilia form an integral part of Victoria’s cultural heritage legacy and tell us important stories about everyday Australians’ experiences of war.
Minister for Veterans the Hon. John Eren announced the second phase of the War Heritage Collections Training Program, as part of the Veterans Heritage Project ' Beyond The Centenary: Uncovering Victoria's War Heritage Through 100 Objects and Stories ' website launch on Wednesday 16 August 2018.
We are excited to welcome the following organisations to participate:
- Keilor East RSL
- Monmorency Eltham RSL
- Soldiers Memorial Institute Military Museum, Bendigo District RSL
- Warrnambool RSL Sub-Branch
- Austin Health Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital
- Rutherglen RSL Sub-Branch
- Ballarat RSL Sub-Branch Inc.
- Australian Commando Association Victoria Inc (ACAV)
- Box Hill RSL
- 8th/13th Victorian Mounted Rifles Regimental Collection
- Shepparton RSL Sub-Branch Inc.
- Beechworth RSL Sub-Branch
- Charlton RSL Sub-Branch
- Woodend RSL
Previous participants in the collections program include:
- Dandenong/Cranbourne RSL Sub-Branch
- Lara RSL Sub-Branch
- Legacy Melbourne
- Ringwood RSL Sub-Branch
- Wangaratta RSL Sub-Branch
For more information about the Veterans Heritage Project visit the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
Image: Ashley Robertson, Victorian Collections Manager, assisting Peter Fogarty, member of Ringwood RSL Sub-branch, to digitise their memorabilia collection.