To fill the gaps left by the recent cancellation of face-to-face training and events AMaGA Victoria is working in partnership with the National Office to provide a series of online webinars, workshops and tutorials. We are in the process of converting previously scheduled in person events to digital platforms, whilst introducing a series of more responsive events. All events will be added to this page as they are confirmed.
Whilst the AMaGA Vic team is working remotely, we are contactable via email. If you have any events / PD questions, concerns or requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions regarding Victorian Collections workshops please contact: email@example.com.
Interesting Uses of Local Government Collections [Past Event]
Thu 14 Nov, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Local government cultural staff will share ideas for innovative presentations of council collections, including council art, heritage and civic collections. Projects that will be discussed include art commissions, programs for specific communities, exhibitions and digital content. Our five speakers are:
- Toni Burton, Arts, Culture and Heritage Officer, Hobsons Bay City Council Williamstown Centenary Projection Tour
- Barbara Huggins, General Manager, Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation Dja Dja Wurrung and Bendigo Art Gallery: The Role of Local Government in repatriating collections
- Alisa Bunbury, Freelance Curator Emblazon: Melbourne’s coat of arms for City of Melbourne
- Helen Berwick, Education and Community Engagement, Bayside City Council Connections Program & Changing Faces: Reframing Women in Local Democracy
- Eddie Butler Bowdon, Collection Manager, City of Melbourne Guided tour of Collection on display at Kathleen Syme
VenueKathleen Syme Library and Community Centre
251 Faraday Street